Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Kind of a downer post but still going strong

I'm having a down kinda day today.   I shouldn't be, I got up this morning and did my workout, sometimes I let my feelings get in the way of knowing whats right.  I just wish I could be where I want to be now.. I know that's not possible and I didn't pack on the pounds overnight so they wont be coming off in one night.  I know in my head that I am doing the right thing, eating right, working out, not resorting to diet pills.  I'm doing it the healthy way and its working.  I really have nothing to complain about.  
One thing that worries me though is that maybe I'm not doing enough.  I heard over the weekend that to really burn off the fat I should be doing at least a hour of cardio?????  I don't have time for that,,, I suppose I could get up even earlier but I DON'T want to!  I'm still waiting to get to the point that I look forward to and enjoy exercise.   I hope I get there one day.  I'm always happy I did it but I wouldn't say I enjoy it yet.   I just know its what I need to do. 

I wonder what I'm going to look like when I get to my goal.  I'm pretty sure I wont look like the women I see in the fitness magazines.  I want to look like that, but I have stretch marks, I've had 3 kids,  I have a scar on my stomach from a surgery I had as a baby that makes my stomach look deformed.   I worry about my skin not bouncing back and it being saggy.     I know in my head that all of this doesn't really matter and health is the main goal,  I just can't help having these thoughts run through my head.  I just have to push them to the back of my brain and keep pushing on.. I can't look any worse right?  

2 comments:

  1. Jill, you are going to look great! You already look great. And every time I see you, you look even better! Just keep working at it! If you’re doing high intensity cardio for 20 or 30 minutes, you’re not going to burn fat while you’re working out, but you will use up calories and your body will have to convert your fat to energy throughout the day. The end result is the same, it just happens differently. Bodybuilders can't do high intensity cardio because they need to keep their calorie intake high for muscle growth and repair. They can only do low intensity cardio for longer periods of time in order to burn fat while they workout rather than deplete calories. You are doing exactly what is right for you! If you ever want to switch it up and take a long walk one day a week, that will burn fat, but there is no reason for you to do hours of cardio every day.

    You know this from weight watchers, most of your progress will be made from your diet. Working out will make it much easier and make you look better, but what you eat (or don't eat) will make all the difference with your weight loss goals. You’re doing really well with your diet. Keep eating lean proteins and whole grains, avoid carbs late in the day, and avoid food that doesn't benefit your body in some way.

    Keep working hard and I know you will be happy with yourself. Remember, you aren't training for a contest that will be over in a couple of months. You are making a life change that you plan to maintain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dawn, this is why I love u! Your so sweet, thank you! Like u said, I know all this. I think its just mind over matter for me and I need to be reminded sometimes. You have been so helpful in this journey for me. I dont know what Id do without ya!!

      Delete